Sunday, October 10, 2010

Starting a business (let's learn how to become an ultimate investor).

I have been researching on the skills to start and grow a business over the past one year. I am looking forward to consider starting a small business in the coming year. No risk no gain. The aim for me in wanting to own a business is to learn how to start a business, grow it and work towards the business generating sustainable cashflows. So, I will make a small venture out to have my hands wet in doing so. I believe the best way to invest is still to invest as an ultimate investor, that is in owning an entity (a business) that generates returns on my invested capital. The experience that one can get from learning how to start and grow a business is beyond measure. Once a business owner has grasp the art of starting and growing a business, the skills can be applied in future business or investment ventures.

The skills to manage a business can be applied to investments as well. A knowledgeable business owner and entreprenuer can apply his skills in setting up and running a business into analysing investments as well. All road leads to rome. A business owner sees and experiences far more in the frontline to what a business entails than an investor would. So, I hope to learn to become a skillful business owner and apply my future experience in running business also to analysing businesses as investments.

One of my few ambitions was to become an entreprenuer and business owner, so I hope to try it out and make it happen and work. Risk is always present in any businesses. However without risk, there will not be any challenges to make sure one tries to minimise risks and overcome obstacles by continually doing one's best and learning from mistakes and failures along the way.   

This is going to be the best part of my investing journey, to become an ultimate investor investing from the inside of a cashflow generating business. To have a positive cashflow generating business takes time and effort, so I hope to learn how to arrive at it. Everything has to start somewhere just as a child learns to talk and walk. The child will make many falls and finally learn how to walk without giving up. Keep failing by "falling" and learning from the many failures so as to improve on every next "step". It is a natural learning process for a child to be able to walk. It will also be for any new learning in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment